Musical Fidelity M8 PRE
The M8 is a pre-amplifier without limits. From its performance to its connectivity, via quality fit and finish, the M8 makes a superlative centrepiece for almost any system.
The M8 boasts a wide array of inputs, meeting the needs of traditional and modern home entertainment systems. It offers a low-noise MM/MC phono stage; two balanced inputs (one with home theatre bypass option); three line inputs (one with home theatre bypass option) and a fully configured tape in/out loop.
Its outputs are single-ended and balanced, and there is also a trigger control.
Technical measurements are testament to the M8’s exceptional engineering: from ultra-low distortion to virtually perfect frequency response, the science supports what your ears will also clearly hear.
We’re so confident of the M8’s capabilities that we state it will drive any power amplifier over any length of cable. Though obviously its perfect partner is the matching M8-700 mono block pairing.
M8PRE – Specifications
- THD(+ noise) – single ended: <0.005%
- THD(+ noise) – XLR Balanced: <0.004%
- Signal to Noise Ratio: >118dB ‘A’-weighted
- Frequency Response: +0, –1dB, 5Hz to 100 kHz
- 1x Switchable MM/MC RCA / Phono
- 2x XLR Balanced Line Level
- 5x RCA / Phono Line Level
- Dimensions – WxHxD (mm): 440 x 162 x 400
- Weight (unpacked / packed): 17 kg / 23 kg