A second generation Hi-Fi receiver with support for MusicCast, including DAB tuner. It provides richly resonant, high quality sound from high-resolution sources, streaming services and smartphones as only a Yamaha Hi-Fi component can.
- Yamaha high sound quality, created by rich experience and tradition, and high technological expertise
- (Traditional Natural Sound concept / high sound quality circuit design / 100 W x 2 high power output)
- Supports 5.6MHz DSD Native and 192 kHz/24-bit High Resolution Music(Flac/ WAV/ AIFF) with high performance 24-bit D/A converter
- MusicCast for audio enjoyment in every room
- Control app for easy operations (MusicCast CONTROLLER)
- Support for internet radio and various music streaming services
- DAB / DAB+* and FM tuners both have 40 station preset memories
- Supports Bluetooth® output for pairing R-N402D and other Bluetooth equipped products
- Bluetooth for wireless music streaming
- * Music service availability varies by region and may change or be discontinued without notice.
- AirPlay® allows music streaming from Mac, PC, iPod®, iPhone®, iPad®
- USB digital connection for USB flash drives on the front panel
- Gapless Playback compatibility
- Digital audio input for TV or Blu-ray Disc™ player
- Simple yet sophisticated design
- Screw-type speaker terminals
- Speaker selector and speaker terminals for two systems
Enjoy Digital Radio from DAB / DAB+ Tuner
DAB and DAB+ are Digital Audio Broadcasting formats that offer a large selection of radio stations with high sound quality. Other benefits include automatic tuning to available stations with a list to choose from, and display of information such as station name. You can preset 40 DAB / DAB+ stations.
USB Digital Connection for USB Flash Drives on the Front Panel
The R-N402D provides a USB port on the front panel for quick connection of USB flash drives. You have instant access to all your stored music, and the digital connection ensures that you hear it with the highest possible sound quality.
5.6 MHz DSD Native and AIFF 192 kHz/24-bit Reproduction with High Performance 24-bit D/A Converter
To ensure maximum network audio quality, the receiver supports WAV / FLAC 192 kHz/24-bit, Apple Lossless 96 kHz/24-bit, DSD 5.6 MHz and even the new AIFF 192 kHz/24-bit formats. It uses a BurrBrown 192 kHz/24-bit DAC that has a firmly established reputation for quality. You’ll enjoy the beautiful sounds of high resolution audio.
Digital Audio Input for TV or Blu-ray Disc™ Player
The R-N402D is equipped for digital audio input — with both optical and coaxial terminals. The optical is for receiving audio from a TV, and the coaxial for receiving audio from a Blu-ray Disc player. The audio stays in the digital domain, giving you pure, pristine dynamic sound for all your entertainment sources, from sports and other programmes to movies and concerts.
Simple yet Sophisticated Design
With a beautifully simple and unique design inherited directly from Yamaha’s HiFi audio components, the R-N402D also boasts an easy-to-operate button layout. The aluminium front panel has a richly textured silver hairline finish. Both inside and out, everything about the R-N402D demonstrates our commitment to superior design and operability.
Other Notable Features
• Screw-type speaker terminals
• Speaker selector and speaker terminals for two systems
• Auto power standby